Thursday, March 17, 2011

Dreaming About Gardens

My Garden

Now that March is here, I have been dreaming about how my garden will look in the spring and summer seasons.  And it's time to order new plants.  I have been looking at all kinds of inspiring gardens for ideas.  But perhaps the most exquisite and inspiring gardens I have ever seen were those I saw on my Garden Conservancy trip to England last summer.  We toured the Cotswolds and recently I looked at my pictures from the trip. Nothing beats the English countryside in the month of June for sheer gorgeousness!

First we went to Kent to visit Sissinghurst Castle Garden

Is there any more iconic garden image from England than roses climbing on a brick wall?
This is from Sissinghurst Garden where Vita Sackville-West lived


The white garden at Sissinghurst



Tower at Sissinghurst where Vita Sackville-West wrote

Garden in the Cotswolds

 Cotswolds



Hidcote Manor Garden

Hidcote

Pastoral scene from the Cotswolds


Another incredible garden on our tour

How serene and inviting does this look!


Gorgeous garden ornaments were in abundance


These garden supports were all over the English countryside


Garden support as the focus of a small hedged garden area


Stately wall plaque and fountain

Fort Belvedere, the home of King Edward VIII, where he abdicated the throne in 1936

Fort Belvedere

After I returned from this amazing garden tour of England last summer, I was inspired by so many of these English garden images.  I planted David Austin roses in my garden in the front of the house,  filled the parterres in the back garden with more flowers, and added special garden ornaments everywhere.  And  I was so happy that the climbing roses and vines were getting mature.  Can't wait to plant for the next glorious summer season.


10 comments:

  1. How beautiful!! That's a trip I'd love to take. I especially love the shots of Hidecote!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pastoral scene! Did you take that picture??

    ReplyDelete
  3. how GORGEOUS. and a total dream trip. love your gardne.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just stunning! thanks so much for sharing..very inspiring...
    xoxo Kit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Sunday, I found you through Kit! Mesmerizing images, just perfect for Spring!

    Come and enter my luscious Bath & Body Giveaway!!

    Xoxo
    Karena
    Art by Karena

    ReplyDelete
  6. i love your garden and those garden photos are gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sunday

    I love these pictures. Wish I had been on that trip... guess
    I'll just have to come to your garden instead.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a treat! Your garden is beautiful and I loved seeing the gardens of England. I'm looking forward to working in my garden this spring.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Want to roll around in these gardens...

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow .... the riches of the Earth. Seeds, soil, sun ... voila. Your garden is looking mighty hearty and lush since I last viewed ... gorgeous.
    Ah, the Spring ........

    ReplyDelete