Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Fashion, Art, and Dinner


My charming friend Regina invited me to a soiree in West Hollywood recently.  Because she sent the original invitation to my old email address, I never got it and her answers to my follow-up queries about the event were mysterious and intriguing.  All I knew was that I was going to a dinner party in a shop on elegant Melrose Place to honor an artist.   The address led me to the very chic clothing store Zero + Maria Cornejo and the artist we were honoring was Paula Hayes, who makes exquisite glassware, ceramics, and terrariums!  How chic is this table above with its fur covered chairs. This is where we would be dining.  There were three long tables like this in the store.


This is what the tables looked like and you can see my place card at the head of this table.


A close-up of Paula Hayes' amazing terrariums and glass ware




More of Paula's creations


Amazing, all by Paula


 Zero + Maria Cornejo clothing designer Maria, on the left with a friend, both wearing Zero + Maria Cornejo.  I love their shoes as well as their gorgeous dresses.


And speaking of the clothes, the designs were beautiful and dramatic.


The fashionable crowd at this event


I really love the ease of these designs, as well as the beauty and the drama.


These dresses are backed by a beautiful wall creation by the artist Paula Hayes


In addition to all the eye candy -- fashion, art, and people --  we had an amazing dinner with great food and fascinating conversation.  I sat next to a style writer from the Wall Street Journal and we talked fashion all evening.  At the end of the night I drove home thinking how exciting Los Angeles is and what treasures there are if you just take the time to look, to listen, and to say "yes." Thank you, Regina, for inviting me to an unexpected night of fashion, art, conversation, and fine dining.  You never know what is out there unless you are willing to say "yes."

9 comments:

  1. Lovely spread and fashions.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks like a really fun event. I've always wondered what was in that shop, as I do my hair very close by. This post made me think I'll next a look next time I'm near.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow how fabulous! Haha looks like a really exciting event :)

    <3 Belly B

    ReplyDelete
  4. wowww! i love that store. What a beautiful evening.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What an amazing event!! I just love that terrarium. You are right, their shoes are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am so GLAD that you came and were inspired by the Beauty of ZERO MARIA CORNEJO and PAULA HAYES. Both are Women of Style!!!

    Just love Paula's work and the SENSE AND SENSIBILITY of Maria's clothing on and off the body. I wear her designs and always get compliments, and when I look into the Crystal Terrariums of Paula...I am overcome with a feeling of serenity in an otherwise mad world.

    I knew your sense of Style would feel right at home!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my, what a lucky girl you are. I love Maria Cornejo clothes. I wish I meet her one day. This soiree looks like it was a lot of fun.


    Thanks for your comment in my blog and have an excellent week.

    ReplyDelete
  8. So jealous!!!! looks like a wonderful evening

    ReplyDelete
  9. great that you got to attend this. maria and paula are two of my favorites. i saw this last week on their FB feed and it looked like a nice event.

    ReplyDelete