Monday, May 30, 2011

Ready For Summer!


The first hydrangeas picked from the garden


   Pasta and Fried Zucchini Salad 


White Beans and Tomatoes 


Patio table ready for alfresco dinners


Inspiration table from Beverly Hills Hotel, decorated by my friends for my birthday
I would love to recreate this!


Close-up of the table, how gorgeous are these peonies!


New summer cocktails, Blood Orange Prosecco


Fresh Peach Fuzz


Stack of summer books to read


A weekend get-away to the San Ysidro Ranch in Montecito

*********

"Summer afternoon -- summer afternoon; to me those have always been the two most beautiful words in the English language." -- Henry James

Just a few thoughts about summer, with many more to come.  Here's to many beautiful summer afternoons!


Salads and cocktails from "Plenty" by Yotam Ottolenghi and "Fabulous Parties" by Peggy Dark

11 comments:

  1. Such a lovely collection of summer.
    Picking flowers from one's own garden is such a luxury, isn't it? I did a bit of that myself this morning. Hydrangeas and magnolias.

    Oh, and you'll love The Tiger's Wife!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How beautiful and how perfectly summer-y! The irises and lilacs are in bloom here, finally, and the peonies and roses, true signs of the start of summer, promise to follow soon. I love the clean lines of spring flowers but always find summer ones so much more decadent and complex - much more interesting to look at and smell!

    The pasta and zucchini salad looks fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK - I'm coming to your house!! How lovely! And your birthday lunch looks positively delightful! That Blood Orange Prosecco is calling my name!! I am flush in beautiful peonies right now and am in heaven. It's too early for the hydrangea here yet!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a delight for the senses!
    Will you tell us about The Tiger's Wife? I've read a few reviews about it and would love to see what you think. It is definitely on my list to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Delicious post for mind and body. xo

    ReplyDelete
  6. As usual, I second Margo on this one. Although I love SF, these kind of posts make me want to move back to LA so that I can be near my family (and eat my Mom's delicious meals)! xoMeg

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a gorgeous summer table. ah- already we are wrapped in blankets of humidity here in the South, much to my dismay. pgt

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a visually beautiful post. I'm on the east coast, where it's very gray and gloomy. Back to LA tomorrow, and these photos make me anxious to be home!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I really love this post, what beautiful photos! The flowers from your garden are so lovely and the peach fuzz looks like a drink I will have to try! Your birthday table at the Beverley HIlls Hotel is stunning, what wonderful friends you have to throw such an elegant party for you. I really love your blog, always such lovely content and so thoughtfully curated, you've become an absolute favourite blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Once again you have totally captured the moment!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love,Love, Love the Henry James quote. I feel the same way :)

    ReplyDelete