Friday, July 1, 2011

The Beauty of the San Ysidro Ranch


If you are looking for a magical getaway for a special occasion, such as a wedding anniversary, look no further than the San Ysidro Ranch in Montecito.  This place is filled with beauty and history.  It was where  John and Jackie Kennedy spent their honeymoon and Laurence Oliver and Vivien Leigh were married.


Entrance to the San Ysidro Ranch



Fields of lavender and olive trees that line the entry way 


We were there about a month ago and had a charming room that was set amongst oak trees and lush gardens.  This place is a bit of a splurge, but if you don't get a free standing cottage and instead opt for a room in this very pretty multi- cottage unit, it's not too bad.  Trust me, it is still extravagant but we were having an early celebration of our wedding anniversary and wanted to go somewhere special.




Each room is named and ours was "Hibiscus"


"Hibiscus" cottage has a patio with its own little garden


And speaking of gardens, the property is filled with them


I love this arbor


There are many beautiful sitting areas


The Stone House Restaurant


Dinner on the patio


I love these lanterns that are on each table


 The Plow and Angel, the more casual restaurant, has great food and a beautiful outdoor setting

Every time I visit the San Ysidro Ranch in Montecito I am excited and inspired by the beauty that California has to offer.  Just 90 minutes away from Los Angeles, this place feels very far away and has a wonderful, relaxed ambiance. It is a very special retreat and I relish the times we have spent there.

7 comments:

  1. OH MY Sunday, the San Ysidro Ranch would be a wonderful place to spend a few days. The gardens are breathtaking, and I love the arbor too. I can imagine having dinner and walking with a glass of wine and enjoying the beauty and fragrance from the flowers. Of course I would dine at the Plow and Angel, its magical! I love this post......

    ~Emily
    The French Hutch

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mother lives in Montecito and has for years, so I've never stayed there - but have had many meals there and explored the gardens. It's magical. They used to keep horses and have trail rides that went up into the mountains behind the property. It's a very romantic and charming place.
    Maybe we'll go under the radar sometime?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to go here ever since I first read about it. Your pictures are just beautiful. The landscape is so lush (love that arbor) and it must be divine dining under the sparkling lights!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've had this place bookmarked for a while now so it's really nice to have your personal recommendation too. I'm planning on a trip to California next year and we're looking for a couple of extra special places to stay for a couple of nights, your photos have really sold it to me, it looks so lovely.

    ReplyDelete