Friday, March 30, 2012

Hello, Beauty


Mary Frances Iris

There are many pleasure in the first days of spring -- the days are longer, the weather is warmer, and flowers are starting to bloom in the garden.   Gardens at this time of the year really start to come into their own and are a constant source of joy.   When I walked outside yesterday and saw this ruffled Mary Frances Iris,  I was in awe of its feminine and regal beauty.  The lavender color is just exquisite.  A very dear friend gave me this plant a couple of years ago and looking at it is a constant reminder of our friendship.  It made me realize how wonderful it is to receive a plant as a gift. As it takes root in the garden, we will always be reminded of the person who gave it to us.

Have a wonderful weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Exquisite iris! We're all pining for spring here in CT!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sunday, hello and happy Friday to you!

    What a beautiful photo of a beautiful flower and the memory of friendship! I love giving plants as gifts, I think that it is a special way for people to remember one another.

    I read a book, the name escapes me, but in the yard of this house was a tree for each woman that was born into the family. I do not know why it was only the women but it was a beautiful sentiment none the less.

    Have a great weekend! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning photo, Sunday. I love iris but know I have a few weeks yet until any of mine will be up - at least the first tulips are starting to come out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sunday, The iris is absolutely breathtaking. I noticed this week my own iris are budding. I have so many plants in my garden that were gifted. It makes the garden so much more special and more fun. Happy Weekend, Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow, gorgeous iris, gorgeous photo!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I saw beautiful irises in Point Reyes! It's one of my favorite flowers :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mary Frances is absolutely stunning, Sunday. You described her perfectly and your picture captures her beauty. What joy a walk in the spring garden is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. our wisteria is blooming on our deck - and even with the clouds today I may feel a beginning of spring. buon weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow - so beautiful. Did you take the photo? If so, well done. Such a luscious color.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Kathy, my husband took it. I am so glad you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So lovely - the flower and your beautiful association!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a lovely sentiment, and what an absolutely beautiful Iris! I found your blog via your comment on Ben Pentreath (now isn't his a spectacular garden!)and I agree, the gift of a plant is so special. Lovely blog - Glad to have found you.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I agree; a plant IS a wonderful gift! It seems as though the sun and warm breezes could practically intoxicate me. I'm loving spring so much. It sounds like you're enjoying it too!

    Enjoy the rest of your week!
    Keri

    ReplyDelete