Friday, February 1, 2013

Flowers for February


Yesterday the weather was so warm and beautiful in Los Angeles, that it felt as if it was spring.  More cold weather and rain are on the horizon, but for now everyone is basking in the lovely weather.  I wanted to share with you this charming image from Botany Flowers, my favorite neighborhood florist.  I was walking by their delightful Paris-inspired shop yesterday and snapped these photos.  The weather was warm and gorgeous and Botany was filled with some enchanting arrangements.  The heart is made entirely of of red roses and hangs in their front window.


When the the two young women who work there saw me taking the picture of the rose heart, they invited me inside to see the giant bouquet they had made.  They were understandably proud!  After I took this shot, they told me to be sure to see the side view.


Isn't this fabulous!  Flowers, valentines, and bouquets...February is a very sweet month indeed!

"The simple flowers
 of our spring are what I
want to see again."
-- John Keats

Wishing you a lovely weekend!

13 comments:

  1. Love the floral arrangements and the woody twigs add stability and charm.
    Flower arranging is such a great creative outlet...
    wouldn't it be fun to work in that shop?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, it would be fun to work in that shop! I would love to learn how to do flower arrangements. I think it would be so satisfying.

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! The perfect photos for the first day of February. I'm so glad you showed us the side view. Amazing! Like a rustic cornucopia. Those florists are quite the artists!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures to brighten up this frigid day. Happy February. Bonnie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the Keats, and the flower photographs.

    ReplyDelete
  5. We were basking yesterday, too...in snow! That's an insanely amazing bouquet. I love how having flowers in the house just makes everything seem more special.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, Lauren, enjoy the snow. I bet it is beautiful!

      Delete
  6. We are also having beautiful, warm, spring-like weather. I have all the windows and doors open and the cats are soaking up the sun.
    I absolutely love that bouquet! There is something so wild about it - it is not stale and boring like some bouquets can be. Happy February!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's the most beautiful bouquet I've ever seen.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes, fabulous indeed!! As I look outside with snow on the ground (again) I am especially enchanted by these beautiful bouquets!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow that's so beautiful!!!! This are really the most beautiful Valentine Day Flowers arrangements. I just love it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yes, these are really fabulous flowers and thanks for posting them here. I am looking for popular local Same Day Flower Delivery florists for sending flowers on my best friend’s ring ceremony. I will not be able to attend it, so want to wish them by sending blooms.

    ReplyDelete