Thursday, February 7, 2013

Love these cards!


It is often the little things in life that make us happy, such as finding a beautiful note card or the perfect piece of stationary for writing to a friend or loved one.  I have a thing for stationary and I am in love with the cards, stationary, and other paper products from  Rifle Paper Company.  They are witty and whimsical and their colorful, nostalgic, and cheerful designs make me smile.  These cards will make you want to write handwritten notes to everyone you know. They are made of thick and beautiful stock and are so charming that they could single-handedly bring back the custom of handwritten notes.  Give me a stack of good stationary or cards, and I will gladly write handwritten notes rather than emails.  There is something so generous and thoughtful about staying connected to others in this way.


When I bought these adorable cards pictured above at Anthropologie,  I looked to see who they were by and realized that I have been buying cards from Rifle Paper Company for years.  Anna Bond is the founder of the company which is located in Winter Park, Florida.  Her whimsical designs include hand-painted illustrations and lettering that create a style that feels both nostalgic and timeless.  If you are a fan of handwritten notes and like classic and witty designs, you will enjoy the cards and stationary from Rifle Company.  You can go here to see the entire collection.  Here are some of the products they offer:

Note Cards:
























Calling Cards:



 Valentine's Day Cards:








They also carry old-fashioned Postcards:









E.M. Forster wrote "Only connect" in his 1910 novel "Howards End" and the need to connect seems more urgent now than ever before.  These cards and papers by Rifle Paper company will make you want to forget about writing that email and sit down and write a proper note or letter instead.  The warmth of a handwritten note is always in style.


11 comments:

  1. Oh these are lovely!
    I love stationary and have a drawer full. I am off to check out their website as one can always use more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have enjoyed her lovely cards at my favorite bookstore as well as the local natural foods market. I agree, a beautiful card is a treat to send or receive. I certainly hope that custom never goes away.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sunday, I too am a fan or cards, note paper and anything stationary related. What beautiful and whimsical cards!

    I hope that you are having a great week, I have been meaning to leave you a comment, I saw an article last week on the Glitter Guide about your daughter! Beautiful and talented.

    Take care, Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  4. I absolutely love love love Rifle Paper Co. I have a set of notebooks and my mother-in-law bought me a coaster set for Christmas. They're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderful post and wonderful cards!
    I have my own stash, several, actually of note cards that I buy with more frequency than bread and butter sometimes. It is such a pleasure to get cards in the mail - and as much to send them.
    Thank you, Sunday. I'll be looking for these.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the Merci card. Love to write by hand.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I need to go to a penmanship class, as my handwriting has become virtually illegible due to my lack of usage. I love these cards, so whimsical, some having a touch of "Bloomsbury" about them as well. Going to look at their website.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you for introducing me to these beautiful cards! I think I need the happy birthday ones right now.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love stationary too, and always pick up pretty cards when I see them. I've also joined postcrossing.com which gives me the opportunity to send postcards and receive them from all over the world. I think handwritten is making a comeback. Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have the worst habit of buying beautiful cards and then not being able to part with them. How greedy and horrible! These are truly gorgeous cards, Sunday.

    ReplyDelete